Best Practice Guide to Confined Spaces
Get your FREE Confined Space Guide!
Work performed in a confined space is like hospital work - there is no room for error.
The DuraLabel Best Practice Guide to Confined Spaces provides an overall summary of what needs to be done prior to anyone entering a confined space. It's purpose is to provide an overview that will help reduce confined space accidents.
Contrary to common belief, not all small work areas are considered "confined" under OSHA rules. If a confined space poses no danger, it's not considered a permit-required confined space According to OSHA, a permit-required confined space has:
- A limited or restricted means of entry or exit
- Is large enough for a person to enter to perform tasks
- Is not designed or configured for continuous occupancy
- and has one or more of the following:
- the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere
- the potential for engulfing the entrant
- configured space might cause an entrant to be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by a floor that slopes downward and tapers to smaller cross section
- contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazards
Some of the topics covered in the DuraLabel Best Practice Guide to Confined Spaces include:
- Do I Need A Confined Space Permit?
- Sample Confined Space Assessment Form
- Sample Confined Spaces Program
- Preventing unauthorized entry and posting of confined spaces
- Entry Procedures
- Rescue Procedures
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Confined Space Safety Labels & Signs
Call 1-888-326-9244 today to request a free copy of the DuraLabel Best Practice Guide to Confined Spaces. While you are on the phone ask about DuraLabel custom label and sign printers for making confined space labels and signs, and ask about the other labeling and sign making projects they can handle such as pipe marking, arc flash labeling, wire marking and even GHS labeling.
Call 1-888-326-9244 for more information!
Graphic Products is a global supplier of industrial label printers and supplies. We can help support your facility's OSHA-GHS safety and communications programs by supplying you with the proper tools and information. If you need a label printer or supplies, give us a call today at 1-888-326-9244. Or include your labeling question in the form above. We're here to help you get the job done right!